Vincent Ritter

Sublime Ads: Stat changes, bug fixes and new servers.

Hey there.

I've been busy the last few days to get a few needed things out the way for Sublime Ads, my ad management platform for apps, websites and other things. Here’s what’s new:

Stat filters are now saved

Your stats (the graphs) have settings for the day range and which view you have selected ("views" or "taps"). In the past that data was saved with the browser data in local storage. So when you used the same browser, it would have picked up which setting you have selected.

No more. Now these settings are saved across your device and are loaded automatically every time you make a change.

I thought this was nice and gives you a more consistent experience across devices.

This opens the door for a few more things I'd like to add at some stage... nothing like planning ahead.

Bug fixes

Ah yes, always there are bugs. Whilst there were a few I fixed, the most notable ones are image lazy loading related.

  • Fixes an issue with the profile image always trying to reload in a lazy way, on each navigation. Now I am just using a background image so you don't get this flash.
  • Ad images in a category create or edit screen didn't lazy load and looked blurry. This is now fixed.
  • Various other lazy loading tweaks across ads, like in the header area when viewing an ad.

New servers

This one took some time to get right, and yes there was some downtime... and I apologise if that has caused any troubles for you. Anyone using the Embed API was not affected by any downtime. However, I kept everything to a super minimum.

Migration is now fully complete and it allows me to sleep at night without problems. Namely I can easily create servers on the fly and scale where needed without headaches of managing this.

For anyone interested I am now using Cloud66 to manage the Sublime Ads servers. Another nice thing is that, in a way, these are now managed by Cloud66, including database backup strategies - which is a big win for the platform!

It is a little bit expensive but the peace of mind is comforting and worth it in my eyes.

If you find anything that isn't working anymore, let me know.

With the above changes I also took time to upgrade the version of Ruby to keep up with the security updates.

Anyway, this is it. Happy with the way it came together this week, and look forward adding a few more things in the coming week.

✌️❤️

Stay in the loop

Subscribe to the RSS feed... Reply via email