Vincent Ritter

< back to projects

Sublime Ads

A privacy focused ad management service for your apps, websites and others.

Sublime Ads is a platform to allow you to manage and serve your very own ads in your own apps, on your websites, or other services using a simple API, or a lightweight drop-in JS script. You are in complete control on what you want to show, and how.

Everything is in one place and is easy to manage, no need to write your own custom solution. On top, Sublime Ads is privacy conscious to you and your users. Only taps/clicks will be registered for served ads and nothing else (can also be disabled per ad). I also don't use any tracking for the web application and other things, just like the internet is supposed to be.

Launching as an MVP product, very soon, to satisfy my very own needs as a developer with multiple apps and sites.

Visit the website here.

Project posts

Part of being me is to give some of my things away for free, especially to folks whom I enjoy keeping company with. For Sublime Ads, I’m going to be adding a special account for anyone that uses and would like to use the embed functionality of Sublime Ads.

That means, you can create a few ads that you can display on your website. Best of all, it will be your very own ads - can be anything really! Maybe you like a service or tool that you want to promote on your site… it’s really up to you.

There will be a few limits to this, for example 5 ads and one main “embed” category for the site - and you will need to be an active member of . If you think that’s not enough room to get you started, you’re more than welcome to give me suggestions.

I want to strike a balance of being open and giving people room to grow. I didn’t want to have a free tier as such, so this is middle ground for me. I really enjoy the community. ❤️

Once you think you will reach those limits you can always “upgrade” to a paid account - or you can email me if budget is tight - totally fine with me.

This is only an informal announcement, but that is what I’m planning so far.

I made changes to Sublime Ads that basically allows anyone that pre-registered to use it for free until it’s ready to launch (you’ll also get a generous trial when that day comes).

I’ll be emailing everyone that did “expire” to say they can use it as normal again.

Yup, totally rocking the 418 error for a laugh… but seriously keeping it in there in Sublime Ads. Software is too strict and boring these days anyway.

To get my mind off a few things I’m working on adding a simple usage counter to Sublime Ads. I want to make sure it is accessible to a broad range of people, with different budgets… so I think giving certain “soft” usage limits would be a good strategy.

Nothing like self promotion on my own site to remind me to get into gear to move forward with Sublime Ads. I’ll be writing documentation today and perhaps add a few other things.

Whilst I’m self promoting Sublime Ads… I added keyboard shortcuts. They’re undocumented for now, as I wasn’t sure how well it works. Pretty happy so far.

Another use case for Sublime Ads… self promotion 😬 … and it’s not even an “ad”. Maybe I named the website wrong 🤣

I’m looking for a few more people to help me test Sublime Ads. So if you want to integrate ads or other promoted content to your apps or sites, give it a go. I’m planning to launch at the end of October so any feedback would be great! ✌️

The “developer preview” snag list is getting shorter for Sublime Ads! Added multi API Key support yesterday. Useful if you want to keeps things separate.

On Saturday I spent an hour to add a label picker for “ads", so that the graphs look nice to your tastes in Sublime Ads. It picks one at random, and you can choose your own… or use the picker of randomly selected ones too… was fun.

Awesome to see some Sublime Ads implementations in the wild 🤩

Except a few UI tweaks, documentation and the “homepage” to sign up on, I’m nearly ready with Sublime Ads. I’ve got many plans, however if you think it might be useful to you and you want to give it a try before it launches, you can pre-register. Any feedback welcome!

Worked on the dashboard stats for Sublime Ads. I think it’s pretty much complete now. Pretty happy with it. I need to tie up the label colours, but I think that will do for now.

And with the date filter open:

Worked a little bit on Sublime Ads tonight, only around 30 mins. Tweaked some buttons and text. I’d love to launch it soon. Next week I’ll spend time on documentation and work on slightly better embedding options. Then it’s ready as the MVP I imagined.

Done for the day. Tired. I’ll do a little write up on Sublime Ads over the weekend. Also used Nova all day too. Was nice.